Friday, March 21, 2008

Poor Lulu

Well it was that wonderful time of week were you are getting everyone ready for church! Lexi was going to the bathroom before getting into my shower. She opened the glass door and then noticed that she had a little piece of toilet paper on her foot, so she tried to kick it off. Instead of kicking of the TP she kicked the shower door and totally sliced her toe!! Frantically Corey starts yelling for me (he doesn't handle crisis situations very calmly)! I come into the bathroom thinking no big deal, what happened. Then I see my sweet little girl crying holding her bloody foot. Oh her poor little toe! It was pretty nasty and cut really deep. I knew that we were going to be taking a trip to the Doctors office! Side note here- just want to say that Utah Valley Pediatrics is wonderful to always have one office open for emergencies, even on Sunday!! I will take a $15 copay at the office over a $75 copay at the ER. Anyway, we asked Lulu who she wanted to take her and she picked Corey-Yeah so glad she is a daddy's girl!! 30 minutes later they were back with one brave girl and 3 stitches. Here sisters were extremely worried about her and super relieved when they got home and saw that she was doing great!! Corey said she was so good. She was proud of her stitches and showed them to everyone later at church.
Here are her three stitches. This was our first time taking the kids in for an "emergency" thing! I feel pretty lucky and blessed. Knock on wood.
The stitches are out now and her foot looks great!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ya know, come to think of it we've only had one "emergency thing" too. I know, it's crazy with us. I also love Utah Valley Peds for that very reason. Unfortunately we use the after hours A LOT!