Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Highlights and Lowlights

So I know it has been forever!! We have had so much going on. Some good some not so good! Lets start with the low light so we can end on a high note! Corey's Aunt Angie passed away a few weeks ago. This is his moms second sibling to pass away in the last six months. It has been a little rough! My Grandma Darrington passed away. This is a high and low. High because she has lived a great life and has been relatively healthy. The low is that it is always hard to have someone die and miss them. My Dad had open heart surgery about 2 weeks ago. He is doing really well....but it was really scary!!! I have never been so scared of losing one of my parents as much as I was then. It was awful to see him after the surgery he looked terrible! I tried so hard to keep it together while I was in the hospital room, but I defiantly lost it as soon as I walked out! I went to see him Monday afternoon and he look amazing and he said his heart feels better than ever so I guess that is a little bit of a highlight that he is doing well. All of the death and illness has made me think and rethink about a lot of things. Life is just way to short to be wasted on silly, petty things! It helps me to remember that my family is the very most important thing in the world to me! I want to spend as much quality time with them all as possible. It also makes me think about my health. I have a renewed outlook on exercise and eating right. It has always been important to me but I have an even greater desire to do it just to insure that I stick around to see my great grandchildren! It also makes me want my kids and hubbie to be healthy so that they will be happy and healthy!! So on to the highlights!! We have had a lot of fun swimming parties with lots of friends and family. Corey's sister Kaycie came in town for a few weeks which is always a blast! My girls absolutely love her to death. She and I are super close and love to talk and play Cities and Knights for hours and hours! Grandpa Don came into town. The girls always have fun with him and you can't really beat Don's milkshakes! My sister Keli found out that she will be able to adopt the two little girls she has been doing foster care for!! She has had them for over a year and I am super excited to have them be permanent nieces!! There is nothing sweeter than seeing a little family be sealed in the temple. I look forward to that in the next few months!! We really have had some fun this summer and lots of good news! I promise some pictures and another post really soon!!

7 comments:

Allie said...

Ack! I've been wondering what has kept you from blogging and GNO. I'm so sorry about everything, but I'm so excited for Kelli!! YAY!! Can't wait to see you this week!

Jess said...

grandpa didn't die. he's all better! see now lexi doesn't need to worry everytime someone gets sick. we love you and we are so grateful to be a family.

robandsasha said...

Wow Jill, you have been "through it" lately. I am so sorry. Glad your Dad is doing well, though. There have been times in the last few years that I thought I had lost my mom a few times and my Dad once. It sure is scary, and as you said, makes us remember the most important things in life... family. Glad to hear your Dad is doing well. And so excited for Kelli! We need to get together soon with or without kiddos! Love ya.

Carrie said...

Jill I need your email so you can see my blog. I went private. Email me it at carybabe99@yahoo.com.

Luella said...

Jill- so sorry to hear about this hard time... and your dad. I'm glad he came through okay, he's always been a favorite of mine. He was our home teacher forever and always made me feel special. Tell him hello for me!

Jess said...

Are you there???

Kelly said...

Jill.. I love you, sorry life has been rough! Crazy how life can get... when it rains it pours. Keep your Head up and Love every day! I will be watching for some fun happy posts... you have had your fair share of yuck the Sun is going to start Shinning!