Monday, February 18, 2008

Adelyn's Special Day

Last weekend Adelyn made the decision that she wanted to be baptized. We are very proud of her. She took this decision very seriously. We really wanted her to understand that we get baptized because we have a testimony of the church and are ready to take upon his name and represent him and the church. We wanted her to know it was a choice, a big decision to be baptized...you don't get baptized becasue you turn eight!! Anyway we did lots of FHE nights on the subject, tried to read lots of the Book of Mormon as a family and she even read a lot on her own. I am so so proud of her for taking it seriously and making a very mature choice!
She was all smiles and so was her Daddy!!
It was sweet to see Corey baptize Addy. My cute hubby had a hard time composing himself. I think at first he was trying to traslate in his head the prayer from german to english, but then the moment just got him. I love that he is such a softy!
The night before on our date Corey and I were talking about our memories from our own baptizms. Corey said the one thing that really stood out in his mind was that when he came out of the water he just started to giggle because it was just so neat. Adelyn came out of the water and the first thing she did was let out a cute little giggle!!


4 comments:

Denae said...

What a special thing for her! She is getting so big I can't beleive they are all getting so grown up.

Joanna said...

Isn't baptism day just so special? I have fond memories of my own and so enjoyed Abbie's day as well. And aren't we lucky to have husbands worthy of baptizing our little ones?

Allie said...

Jill this is so cute! She is so big. I'm really excited for Bryson this summer, he can't wait! He also gets to start scouts, that kills me! When did we get so "mature?"

Kimpossible said...

I can't believe that you have kids old enough to be baptized. Your girls are so cute! I love all the pictures of them dancing. Adorable.

Thanks for commenting. It's really good to hear from you and it's so fun to see your cute family.