Friday, August 22, 2008

Back to School

Starting school is so bitter sweet! I have absolutely loved having everyone home for the summer. Chillin' all day doing whatever we wanted to do! NO SCHEDULE! (except bedtime that never changes for my poor kids!) At the same time I love structure and schedule. The girls were super excited to start school. Addy and Kenley both got super cute teachers that I am excited to get to interact with this year. While the older girls started school I did get a chance to enjoy some time with the younger ladies at my house. We went to the zoo.....which was a monumental moment in my life. It was the first time in EIGHT years I have gone on an outing with children with NO STROLLER!!! It was fabulous. Not having to maneuver the stroller in and out of places and crowds. The younger ladies and myself....mommy's girls as we have referred to them this week have had a wonderful time! Meanwhile the elder sisters have had a most fabulous time at school. Coming home talking about what they learned and who they played with. One funny story-Makenley came home yesterday and said she had played with a little boy from her class last year named Charlie, he is so cute. She said he told her that last year he had a "crush" on her but not anymore! Crushes what??? She is only 6!! She said she had no idea that he had a crush on her. I think this will be a typical pattern for her through school....so oblivious to things like that, she really just doesn't care. I can only hope it will stay like that forever!! Makenley
Adelyn
So I say farewell to swimming all day, getting up late, hanging out in our pjs all morning, staying at home for days at a time not stepping foot in the car! Hello to getting up and moving, practicing piano everyday, dance classes, soccer practice, soccer games and worst of all Hello to the car which I will now be spending WAY to much time in for my liking!!
ONE good hello.....some peace and quiet!!!

6 comments:

Heather S. said...

We had mixed feelings about heading back to school too. I love days where I don't have to go ANYWHERE. But I like some structure sometimes too. A balance is nice.

emily+brett said...

Such cute girls! The first day of school is always so fun. They look so ready to start the next year!

Kelly said...

What darling photos of those CUTE little girls. I hear ya.. I am going to miss those lazy do what ever we want days. I am not up for early mornings, homework, and having them gone all day long! Plan a good lunch date with your Hubby take a nap and enjoy that time while they are at school!

Keri said...

I felt the same way! Those pics are so cute. It will be weird when ALL my kids are in school, but I know it will happen sooner than later. Enjoy your quiet time!

Denae said...

They are so big its crazy. When did we get old enough to have kids in school.

and I have learned in the last couple days what you mean about always being in the car. .its nuts!

Jess said...

Are you bored yet? I am. I miss my kids! (pouting)