Thursday, August 28, 2008

Happy Birthday Corey!!

Today is my cute Hubby's birthday! Big shout out to his mom, Linder, thanks for raising such an awesome son and for giving him life!! The tradition in Corey's family on birthdays is to go around the room and say something nice about the birthday boy or girl. Well since today is Corey's 33rd birthday I am going to say 33 things I love about him! Here goes.......

1. He is such a wonderful father. Our girls love to play with him! He loves kids and would love to have a few more. Sorry Corey not going to happen ;) !
2. He is a fabulous husband. Super good about taking me on dates and showing me that he loves me. He treats me with respect and I love him!
3. I love that Corey is nice to everyone. He has a way of making people feel welcome and comfortable around him.
4. He is so funny! This is one of the things that I first fell in love with (besides his big muscles). He always makes me laugh. He can put a smile on my face even when I really, REALLY want to be mad.
5. He is handsome.
6. His devotion to his family is second to none! When we first got married Corey stepped into the father role for his little sisters flawlessly! He loves his siblings soooo much. He would do anything for them. He just loves to be around them. I love him for it.
7. I love the way he loves his mom. He thinks so highly of her. Anytime he talks about her it is with love and respect. He loves to tease her but if you know Corey that means he likes you! You know what they say about the way a man treats his mother. It is all true.
8. He is so positive. He tries to look for the good in everything.
9. He is such a hard worker and good provider. He will do whatever it takes to get the job done.
10. I love that he gets sooo excited about things. Christmas, BYU football, Jazz games, his birthday!, our girls sports games and even dance performances. He is honestly like a little kid on Christmas so fun!
11. I love that I can totally one hundred percent be myself around Corey. I was soooo not looking for love when I met Corey so I was not trying to impress him and he still liked me....go figure?
12. He is in the young men's program and he just has a way with the boys they like him and think he is cool yet they respect him and know they can't be ding dongs . I love love this about him.
13. I love his testimony. He is so strong and has helped me become more strong.
14. He is a hottie with a naughty body!
15. I love to hear Corey laugh...it makes me smile.
16. Corey is happy 98% of the time. It is contagious.
17. He is so so good about understanding that I need time to be Jill...not mom, not wife just Jill. He is super supportive about GNO, scrapbook weekends and girls weekends away with my family, his family and my friends. Seriously in the last year I have left at least 6 or more times for the weekend and he is wonderful about letting me go and knowing I come back a happier person!
18. He loves to take me away on vacation. He makes it a priority. It make me feel loved.
19. He is competitive. I love that he loves to win and be the best at whatever he is doing. We are a tough pair to beat at Cranium I tell you that much!
20. I love to watch him play sports. He is competitive like I said, but he is always nice to the people his is playing with and playing against. He is always respectful of the umpires and referees which makes me respect him more.
21. I love that he is a flirt. Good thing I am not a jealous person (unlike him). Most of the time the "flirting" is Corey just being nice and being himself. BUT he still flirts with me like he has to win me over. Love it!
22. I love that he doesn't care that he has all girls. I have people say all the time oh are you going to try for one more so Corey can have his boy.....NOPE! He loves his little girls and has never wished them to be boys. He even lets them play with this hair, paint his nails and show him hours of their dance moves.
23. He loves people to come to our house. He loves people to come watch movies, go swimming, eat dinner, play games ANYTHING as long as they are here. He just loves people.
24. I love his baby face. It means when he his 70 I will look like I am married to a 45 year old. Score for me.
25. I love that he loves my friends. He always asks how everyone is doing and genuinely cares about them and likes to be around them.
26. I love the aura he gives off. He has a great energy about him and he loves life. Really he is a kid stuck in a 33 year old body.
27. I love his willingness to compromise. We learned early on in our marriage we had been raised very differently. Different parenting styles and different marriage relationship examples. We have learned what works for us which would not have happened had we both not been willing to compromise.
28. I mentioned his devotion to his siblings. He also loves my family and makes every effort to get along with them. He has a blast with my family. Sure makes life easier when your spouse likes your family and puts effort forth. I appreciate greatly!
29. I love that he loves to swim. I know this sounds kind of funny but let me explain. At the end of a work day he would rather go outside and chill with his ladies than veg on the couch and watch TV. He is hilarious in the pool throwing the kids around, racing them and doing "tricks" off the diving board and slide.
30. I love to watch him coach his little soccer team. He is so cute with the kids! Almost every parent has told me how much their child loves Coach Corey and loves soccer because of it! I love to watch him running on the sidelines to encourage his team to do their best!
31. I love that he puts up with me! I am glad he has put up with me for 11 years! He is super patient with my flaws and downfalls.
32. He always tells me I am a good mom and that I am doing a good job. It means the world to me!
33. EVERYTHING!! I love this man so much. Sometimes it is overwhelming to really think about how much I love him. I honestly do not know what I would do without him. He is my rock, best friend, person I run to for help and comfort. There is no one in this world I would rather be with than him!!! I love you Corey........I hope you have a wonderful birthday filled with lots of hugs and kisses and fun!

Now it is your turn. In following Zimmerman family tradition you can leave you comment on what you like about Corey. He is going to love this!

11 comments:

Matt and Anna Hone said...

Corey, Bro Happy Birthday!! Sorry I'm such a slacker, but we still need to do lunch. PS don't let the 33 nice things Jill said to you go to your head. She Only meant 1/2 of them. Later Skater, Matt Hone

Linda said...

Wow, Thats amazing there is nothing left to say except i bless today. The day your were born. You have always brought pure joy and love. When you say the name Corey, it brings love, joy, and amiles to everyone. I am so grateful to be able to celebrate you!1 i love you MOM

zimzam0021 said...

I was going to say 17 things that I love about Corey, but Jill took mine...

And it was taking me too long to think of the other 16 1/2.

Love ya & happy birthday bro!

Ryan

Jess said...

I love Corey's sense of humor! I love that Corey makes me laugh and he actually laughs at me! Maybe that's not a good thing! I also love his patience and tolerance for me. He's the best!!! Hey Corey, IT'S YOUR BIRTHDAY!!!!!!

Nikki Zimmerman said...

Corey, I am SOOOO glad that you are my brother! You alway's put me in a good mood! You are SUPER fun to be around! I hope that you have a GREAT DAY!!!
Love Ya! Nikki =-)

Ashley, Jason and Family said...

Happy Birthday Corey! I know I wasn't the first to tell you but better late than never. I love that you are a sensitive guy. You're not ashamed to cry and show your emotions....you woman!! Ha Ha, just kidding. You know I love you when both my kids are asleep and instead of vegging, I'm on this stupid blog! :D I love you very much!!

Allie said...

I love that he flirts with me, it makes me feel a little younger, thinner, and cuter! :) Seriously though, I love that when you are around him you feel like you've been friends forever! Happy Birthday Corey!

Unknown said...

Oh, man... where do I start...?
Ok- I'm done! :) haha...
Corey Corey- I love you for so many reasons! I would have to say the biggest reason, however, is because you are so great at showing your love, to me and to everyone! I love a guy who is secure enough to show and express how he feels and doesn't shy away from it! I love that you want me back in Utah so bad to live with you! You make me feel SO SPECIAL!!! I LOVE YOU COREY, SO MUCH! Thanks for being so amazing!

Keri said...

Jill, great idea! Corey, I know we're not best friends or anything, but one thing I think is great about you is that you're always smiling and happy (Chris and I have talked about this). I don't think we've ever seen you in a bad mood. You always put a smile on everyone's faces. Happy Birthday!

Tyson said...

Corey,
I know your birthday is already past, but I just thought of something today that made me think of something I love about you, so I thought I'd post it here since I never posted anything before your birthday.

Life is about the journey, not the destination. This is what I love about you, because I think you are a great example of enjoying your journey, not your destination. You are always happy and rarely get too down. In a nutshell, you live in the moment. This is something I admire in you because it's what I am learning and how I want to be. For you it seems to come so naturally though, and I really admire that. I think I said admire enough now...

Anyway, I know this is almost as bad as ma's post, but just remember... I'm banking this one for your next year's birthday celebration! haha Don't forget that! :) Love ya bro!!!

Heather S. said...

I love that number 13 and 14 are right next to each other on the list--that is one balanced husband :)

Corey is such a friendly guy and makes the people around him feel comfortable whether he has know n them 10 years or 10 minutes. You got a good one, Jill! Happy Birthday, Corey!