Tuesday, August 19, 2008

FHE

Last week for family home evening we thought it would be fun to walk to the Mt. Timp temple and have a little picnic. When we were almost there some of the girls started to complain that their feet hurt. Keep in mind the temple is about 3/4 of a mile from our house. Not that far!! I found myself reminding them about the pioneers and how they walked way further than that everyday!! So the rest of the walk they continued to cheer one another on by saying, "lets be good pioneers!". It was really cute.

After we ate the girls had fun running back and forth and back and forth and back......you get the picture. Isn't it funny how their feet stoped hurting??? It was really fun to watch them hold hands and run together as Corey and I were reminiscing about getting married at the temple and how much the trees have grown and how we were sitting there watching our 4 kids!! Time flies!!


We had such a fun time talking about the temple and having the girls ask us questions about the temple. I think they were a little bummed out that they didn't get to go inside.....someday, someday!!

3 comments:

Allie said...

Where did you get the four little Indians? Do they give those out at the temple now? ;)

Kelly said...

How fun.. what a great idea. So sad for us the Temple is 2 hrs away. I'm Not going to be walking.. I would be the WORST pioneer! So Thankful I was born when I was! Your little Maycie (sp) reminds me of my Maizie. Crazy! How did we come up with such cute names? I bet they were buddies in Heaven! I know we were! Love ya!

Jess said...

I remember the day you got married there. I had a bump in my tummy who's about to turn ELEVEN! Savor these days with them, they grow up way too fast! Love you guys!